Hiperface Programming Tool v3.2.0.0 : issue

WhiteBear

Hi folks,

Has anyone succeded in using Stegmann Programming tool v3.2 for Hiperface encoders ?

I have an issue, after the software send FF 52 (broadcast to read name plate of connected encoder), it then uses address 27h instead of 40h and so fail with the next 3 queries. Encoder doesn't respond as the protocol specifications say (address - 52h - RS485 settings - encoder type - size of eeprom - options - checksum), hence the issue of using encoder type 27h for the address.

I then must send direct commands, making it very hard to manage data blocks (I must copy them to another empty matching encoder).

Does anyone has a fix or an older version to make it work with SRM50 encoders from 2001 to 2004 ?

If I understand correctly the Hiperface is a Profibus adaptor
you might need to program the encoder seperately.
I hae not used the Profibus setup before, bu I have used the programable encoder:beerchug:

stig.jpg

Thank you for your answer.

Hiperface encoder have a simple RS485 half duplex, 2 wire physical link. The protocol is hex byte based and documented in Sick Stegmann Hiperface protocol. So you just need a common RS485 adapter (USB dongle or card) to send and read data to their encoder.

My motor encoders don't answer in the current protocol planned sequence, I believe they are older specs encoder, hence the differences in the response.

I tried to contact Sick to get an older release of their software that match my encoders but they didn't answered as of now...

And I couldn't find any older release on the net.

I will keep you updated.

Hi!
Now I'm trying to replace an encoder at Allen-Bradley MPL-B320P-M motor. I managed to read datafields from original encoder, write it into a new one. Now I need to write a correct value in the field for commutation offset in the encoder. But after I do it, drive shows "Encoder data incorrest" (something like that). As I understand I must recalculate crc for this datafield. But I don't know how to do it. Can anybody help me?