Hitachi P-250E

des456

I am posting this as I am at a loss on where else to look. We have a 30 year old Mitsubishi Injection molding machine run by a Hitachi P-250E PLC (or sequencer as tech support calls it). I did manage to purchase a programmer unit but it is far from user friendly. The Mitsubishi manuals are very comprehensive on certain aspects of the programming but tags are few and far between on the virtual aspects vs physical switches sensors etc. so troubleshooting this dinosaur machine is a real challenge. Even the one source for tech support is not very savvy in providing help due to the age.
I have searched most everywhere for a P250-E instruction manual and have only located one on Ebay in Australia, being sold as a package with a different Hitachi PLC. I did message the seller asking if he would be willing to sell them seperately but have not heard back.
So any ideas from members here on where to obtain one ?
Thanks in advance.

Hello and welcome to the forum. I hope I can help you, but as you point out you are dealing with a very old system.
I found a number of manuals but all in Japanese from the link below. The problem is that you need to register to download data from this site and the registration is all in Japanese. I propose that you use Google Translate to see which of these manuals is useful for you, then I send you the PDF data and I can translate some key issues for you. In the screenshot below, the first is an "application manual" and the second is a "special I/O module"

https://library.hitachi-ies.co.jp/Search/product/?doc=1&prod=83

2021-02-01Hitachi_P-250E.jpg

Thank you

I explored the manual listing and found what I needed. The Google translation on the form was confusing. I did find a route to tech support / sales and sent them an inquiry outlining what I had and what I needed so maybe they can provide english versions. See what response I get from them.

The first and foremost item is P-250E / P-500E Programmer (PGM5E / PGM5E-R) Operation Manual SI-348P.

Last edited:
Dead ends...

Just an update on my continuing search. No word back from Hitachi, no word back from a reputable online PLC vendor. No word from the guy in AU selling one on ebay.

I guess my company will have to face reality - if the "sequencer" runs into issues they might as well scrap the whole machine......they probably should anyway to be honest.

A press of that age is not going to be very complicated.
I would find someone up there to put a plc in it and program it for you. They could pick up an old slc 500 off ebay with the modules you need for cheap and get you going.
Now if you were in SE Ky....might be more difficult to find someone.
I've got presses older than that running every day with the same plc set up.