Hmi kp700 with siemens s7 1200

vidya

hi guys
I am using HMI KP700 in my college lab which is interfaced with siemens s7 1200
. I am working on it for the first time so finding lot of difficulties.
I configured the device and selected screens and all stuffs.. but while assigning the events, I am getting error saying " tag value could not be written ...."
this is my desired operation :
when I press 'auto' button , my machine should carry out the whole process automatically.
But this is not happening. I am only able to assign ' activate screen' event correctly.
Please help , if you have understood my problem :)

More info please.
What address are you writing to? You most likely will not be able to write to a PLC input address.

e.g., my conveyor motor is connected to q0.6. so if i have to execute this using hmi, what event should i apply?

You have dezcribed an entire process that doesnt work. Lets take a few steps back and look at smaller sections to see where the problem is.

You have an HMI and a PLC. It soundz like you have logic in the PLC and buttons on the hmi.

I assume you have setup the connection from the HMI to the PLC. So first thing to check

On your HMi you have a button. Lets say Auto_PB. In the events of this PB. There should be a 'press' section. When you select tbis you should have asection for edit bits. I prefer to use 'sset bit while key pressed' when you select this you will need to connect it to a tag that is linked to a PLC address. LerLets say bit named auto_auto_pb in a DB named HMI. So HMI.auto_pb.

So first thiNg to check. When you press the button does the bit in the PLC turn on?

Sorry for any errors. Sent from my phone using my memory. Both are pretty small :)