HMI/SCADA Software Recommendations for AB PLC's

holyhobgoblin

Howdy Folks

Can anyone recommend some HMI/SCADA software, preferably FREE. I want to expand my knowledge and get into this side of PLCing, i have a AB PLC with an both Analogue/Digital input cards.

Thanx in advance.

If you want some free HMI software I would look at the Crimson 3.0 from Red Lion. There G series HMI screens are a very nice product.

Are you looking for a PC-based HMI or SCADA system, or a standalone touchscreen terminal ?

If somebody told me "I need a PC based HMI for this A-B controller and your budget for software is zero", I would reach for the Panel Edition of Inductive Automation's Ignition software.

Ignition systems can be large, distributed, and powerful, running big iron SQL databases, or they can be the smallest, no-data-logging Panel Edition.

If you want some free HMI software I would look at the Crimson 3.0 from Red Lion. There G series HMI screens are a very nice product.

Thanx, just downloaded will install today sometime, i noticed its got Docs + Training Videos which is great since i'm a noob.

Are you looking for a PC-based HMI or SCADA system, or a standalone touchscreen terminal ?

If somebody told me "I need a PC based HMI for this A-B controller and your budget for software is zero", I would reach for the Panel Edition of Inductive Automation's Ignition software.

Ignition systems can be large, distributed, and powerful, running big iron SQL databases, or they can be the smallest, no-data-logging Panel Edition.

Ken "I need a PC based HMI for this A-B controller and my budget for software is zero".

Thanx for this suggestion, will give it a shot also.

Ignition is a powerful tool, and I would recommend it as well.

But if you were looking for a small app, and are VB savy, you might want to take a look at Archie's AdvancedHMI.
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=42656

Actually I came across this yesterday in my goggle search, bit rusty on my VB since i turned to C# some years ago.

Thanx everyone for your suggestions.