HORNER PLC (XLT) automatic reboot

atberthel

Hi,

I'm using a HORNER XLT with two SmartStix modules.
After some hours of normal operation the PLC re-starts automatically(again and again). After some minutes or at least one night with power off it is possible to use the machine again (for a couple of hours).

I have already checked/replaced the power-supply. The temperatures in the electrical cabinet are around 35°C (95°F).
I'm using Cscape Software 9.1 and the IEC editor.

Has anyone ever had a behaviour like this? I guess there is a divide by zero or a endless loop or something like this in my program.
But I can't find it.
Will the XLT behave like this in that situation?
Is it possible to find the reason for the restart (log, some system registers,...)?

Thanks for any help.

Alex

I've had a similar problem after I loaded a program with the 'wrong' firmware version into the PLC. It kept rebooting itself. I did a firmware upgrade and reloaded the program and all was well...