Horner xe 102 soft keys

rmb550

I have written a small program and understand how I get F1 - F10 to "talk" to the PLC - but I can't figure out how to use the soft keys beside the screen - other than using that kludgey "Screen Jump".
Also, I thought the up/down keys would go from screen to screen, but they seem to have no effect.
Any experienced user out there who could point me in the right direction?
Thanks,
rmb

I have written a small program and understand how I get F1 - F10 to "talk" to the PLC - but I can't figure out how to use the soft keys beside the screen - other than using that kludgey "Screen Jump".
Also, I thought the up/down keys would go from screen to screen, but they seem to have no effect.
Thanks,
rmb
in order to utilize the keys in your program you would address as follows:
"%K1" for the key F1, '%K2" for the key F2 and so on.
Through the XLe setup/system screen you could also set up the keys as momentary or toggles.
If you have read/write fields on your screens, once the first object gets highlighted, then you use the Up/Down keys to move through all the objects on your screen.
If you have read/write fields on your screens, keep in mind that the F keys are acting us a number input for your fields.
F1 becomes 1, F2 becomes2 and so on.
Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Thanks,
rmb
As far as screen selection keyes,youmust use what is called a "Screen Jump" button when developing your screens.
You could tie it onto the nearest physical button on the xLe or assign another physicl button button to it.
It's up to you.
Another way would be to create a list with screen names and scroll through the list.
Once the desired screen is highlighted on the list,press "eneter" and it will be a jump to the selected screen.

Thanks,
rmb
A different way for screen selection is done through the PLC logic.
If you use a "%D1" as an output coil,the screen will change to screen #1 ,"%D2" to screen #2, etc when the rung is true.
You can make it a one shot, latch it in case of alarms and such so the user won't get rid of the screen unless all conditions are cleared nd so on.

Thanks for all the great answers.
I have done the K1 - K10 equating to F1 - F10 without problems.
I have also used the UP & DOWN/ LEFT & RIGHT keys to move around writable objects on screens where they exist. And I have used F keys to toggle %D addresses to jump to screens under the PLC program control.
I guess my question is, for the four SOFT keys - two on each side of the screen - how do I use those? Other than inserting one of those screen jump objects and sitting it beside one of the keys, I can't see a use for them.
Thanks again,
rmb

Thanks for all the great answers.
I have done the K1 - K10 equating to F1 - F10 without problems.
I have also used the UP & DOWN/ LEFT & RIGHT keys to move around writable objects on screens where they exist. And I have used F keys to toggle %D addresses to jump to screens under the PLC program control.
I guess my question is, for the four SOFT keys - two on each side of the screen - how do I use those? Other than inserting one of those screen jump objects and sitting it beside one of the keys, I can't see a use for them.
Thanks again,
rmb
The sidekeys are the ones you tie to to do your screen jumps.
If you set up a screen jump, as mentioned earlier, it can tie the action to the nearest button (one of the 4) or you can point it to another button.(Done via the properties window while working on the screen creation).