HORNER XE102 Programming Connection

rmb550

I have a Horner HE102 with the Ethernet Card. I have set the IP address to 198.168.1.4, and I have set my laptop to 198.168.1.3. I have connected them both using a crossover cable, and I can ping the PLC and get a response.
Now I can't for the life of me figure out how to get CScape programming software to "see" the PLC. I tried to install the Port Re-director software but it does not seem to start. Am I missing something?

ps Laptop is Vista 64 bit.
RMB

I have a Horner HE102 with the Ethernet Card. I have set the IP address to 198.168.1.4, and I have set my laptop to 198.168.1.3. I have connected them both using a crossover cable, and I can ping the PLC and get a response.
Now I can't for the life of me figure out how to get CScape programming software to "see" the PLC. I tried to install the Port Re-director software but it does not seem to start. Am I missing something?

ps Laptop is Vista 64 bit.
RMB
You do need the port re-director installed and configured properly.

Open cScape
Select "View" -> Editor Options
Select Communications port
Click on "Configure" button
From the new window select Add Target (you can name your connection such as PLC1)
Tick the Ethernet option on the left.
Make sure IP addressing is a match withwhat you have.
Select your model under Mode (you needthe XL)
Click on the OK button at the bottom and you should be good to go.
Restarting the software may help.