Host link unit lk201

fons04

Hi Guys,
I've a problem to connect my C200H CPU01 (host link unit lk201). I've a cable DB9 to DB25 wired like Omron Specs:
PC PLC
2------2
3------3
5------7
7-| |-4
8-| |-5

I've set dips switch like Omron sheet

I'm using CX-Programmer, I've entered my plc on it but when I'm trying to connect, the RCV led on the host link flash and it fail.
Thanks to help me

fons04,
have you tried the following -
1)Link Selector (at back of LK201 ) in ON position
2)SW4 (Command Level) in position 2
3)Baud rate in your software same as per SW3 of LK201
4)Match LK201 unit number with that in software (default - 0)

Omron default comm settings are 7 data bits, 2 stop bits, even parity, 9600 baudrate.

Hope this helps

SVN

SVN,
I've tried your tips and it make the same thing. I've a LK-201, it exist LK-201-V1, what's the difference and could be the problem?

fons04,

I think the -V1 should not be a problem. If the RCV LED lights but XMT doesn't, it means that the comm settings are not matching (assuming cable is correct as mentioned by you). I think if you post the snapshots of comm settings in CX-Programmer and positions of all the switches (front and back) of LK201-V1 then it will be easier to find out the problem.

SVN

I, on the host link LK201:
the RCV not light,it flash when i tried to connect, the RUN does'nt light, the XMT not, the ERROR not.
SW1=0
SW2=0
SW3=5
SW4=2

The dips switchs at back are:
1=off
2=off
3=on
4=off
and 0V at vertical one

Setting:
#card host link= 0
Port COM1
Even parity
bit stop 2
response delay 2
thanks

fons4, for Host Link Unit to work , the RUN LED should be ON.

Check the following for "RUN Indicator does not light" from the section 5-4 of W143-E1-6 (Host Link Units System Manual)
If you don't have the manual then you can download it from Omron USA site.​
Possible Causes:​
1) Faulty contact in the connector between the PLC and the Host Link Unit.​
2) PLC is resetting the Host Link Unit.​
3) Host Link Unit is defective.​
Remedies:​
1) Check and repair connections.Turn the PLC OFF, then ON.​
2) If necessary, check the PLC for an error or abnormal reset.​
3) Replace the Host Link Unit.​
SVN