how can i get a value from the keypad on the panelview 300 to an RSLogix 5000?

Jorge Rosales

how can i get a value from the keypad on the panelview 300 to an RSLogix 5000?

i have to make this work:

on the panelview 300 i put the # of pieces that i want to procces but i dont know how to get this value and put it in the rs logix 5000

Welcome to the forum. For success here, please provide much more detail.

RSLogix5000 is software running on a PC you can put anything you want in there. I think you mean a Controllogix or CompactLogix PAC is where you want to put the data from the Panelview 300.

Also, there are two sizes and multiple communication options for the Panelview 300, so please provide the entire part number of the device you plan to use.

Paul

In addition to what Paul said, it is possible that the same PV and PLC could communicate using many different methods. If you know for certain what method is to be used you should state that as well.