how could i add an extra sequence to a traffic light?

JerryRecords

i was working on a light sequencer or a four way intersection traffic light. I've designed my own light sequence using 2 SQO sequencers, and a TON. Pretty basic.

Capstone-LightSequencer.JPG

These are my light settings:

Capstone-Sequencer.JPG

and these are the timer settings:

Capstone-TimerSettings.JPG

i had an idea of adding an extra rung like the ones above, with its own timer, the sequence is already set, and so its timer settings, for a 'NO' = 'Normally Open' crosswalk pushbutton. Basically, i want to add another sequencer that would run when the NO pushbutton is pressed. Would this automatically change the traffic lights so all would be red. and give me the walk signal.

This is how the simulation is given for my 'LogixPro' with the 'NO' Crosswalk Pushbutton at addresses: I:1/1 and I:1/0.

Capstone-TrafficLightSimulation.JPG

Any thoughts? I tried doin my own version but traffic lights just keep screwin up, like crazy.

How about inhibiting the SQO output when in WALK MODE.

Just let the crosswalk PB reset a timer that inhibits the SQO bits from going to the outputs and turns on all the red lights.

Also inhibit the TON T4:1 rung (which will stop the incrementing of the sequencer) too so that it picks up at the beginning of the step where it left off when the WALK timer expires...

You'd have to change you SQO destination to a memory word and then map it to the outputs through this logic. That "mapping", BTW is more common in real world SQO applications anyway.

OkiePC said:
How about inhibiting the SQO output when in WALK MODE.

Just let the crosswalk PB reset a timer that inhibits the SQO bits from going to the outputs and turns on all the red lights.

Also inhibit the TON T4:1 rung (which will stop the incrementing of the sequencer) too so that it picks up at the beginning of the step where it left off when the WALK timer expires...

You'd have to change you SQO destination to a memory word and then map it to the outputs through this logic. That "mapping", BTW is more common in real world SQO applications anyway.

hmm...how would i turn all red lights? would i write another sequencer to rapidly change the output to red lights?

which rung, the second? wouldnt that hold it by squeezin in a NO switch?