How do I connect Panelview Plus 700 w/DH+ to SLC 5/04 W/DH+?

I have been able to connect the computer to the Panelview, I cannot seem to get commication right to the PLC. Can someone help me with this?

You will ned to provide more information. What are the node numbers of each device?

What is the baud rate on each device?

What else is on the DH+ network if anything?

In general, you configure the DH+ node numbers on the SLC-5/04 (in RSLogix 500) and on the PanelView Plus DH+ module (in FactoryTalk View Studio / RSLinx Enterprise), set them both for the same DH+ data rate (57.6 or 230.4 kb/s) and then connect them using the recommended Belden cable.

The User Manual for the PV+ does describe the physical installation and wiring of the 2711P-RN6 module, in Chapter 7.

Can you show us screenshots of the RSLinx Enterprise configuration, or describe the wiring and the status lights on the devices ?

You will ned to provide more information. What are the node numbers of each device?

What is the baud rate on each device?

What else is on the DH+ network if anything?

Processor is 1747-L542, SLC-5/04, Node 1, PLC name: M7245PC
Panelview Plus 700 Node 2
DH+ Module, 2711P-RN6, Settings: Station 2, Jumper ID 3, Baud 57600
Nothing else on data highway.
There is a attachment showing how I got it setup in RSLinx Enterprise.

Comminication page info.jpg

Your screenshot shows the 1747-L542 processor right above what you have highlighted. I think you need to click on it, and then hit the Apply (or okay) button (working from memory).

Notice at the bottom of the window there is a status warning "Select a different path - Ethernet cannot be used." That is probably because you tried to apply what you have highlighted to the shortcut path and it is invalid.

Then you need to copy that shortcut from the design tab to the runtime tab. At the top of the window on the right, there is a Design (Local) tab and a Runtime (Target) tab. The Design tab is for setting up your development PC to browse tags and test your work. The Runtime tab is the communication settings that get downloaded to the Panelview Plus hardware and used by it.

Last edited: