Panelview plus 7 wont connect to factory talk

The software and firmware different might be the problem, but it probably isn't.

Make sure you are selecting the PanelView Plus terminal itself as the target download. The screenshot you most recently posted shows that you highlighted the Ethernet driver in the network path. You need to select the PanelView Plus icon itself.

PVPlus_Download.png

That Transfer Utility, like FTView Studio itself and the PV+ terminals, uses RSLinx Enterprise as the communication drivers. As of v11 or so, it was renamed "FactoryTalk Linx".

Because RSLinx Enterprise is updated with new hardware identifiers and device support every new major release of FTView, it's possible that older v7 software won't recognize a newer v9 terminal.

But in your case, I think it does, because the RSLinx Enterprise browse showed the terminal with a PV+ icon.

Some good news: in general, newer PV+ terminals can run old *.MER projects. Until recently they could run all the way back to 2003-vintage v3.0; that very old support might have changed.

So even if you can't use the download utility, you can put the *.MER file onto a removable storage device (CompactFlash for the pre-v6, SD cards for v6+, USB for everything since v4.0 or so) and use the configuration menus in the PV+ to copy that *.MER file onto onboard storage and select it to run.

Because I don't see a PLC in the communications configuration, it's possible that your Runtime file got packaged up with no driver that points to your PLC. But because your download also doesn't have "replace drivers" checked, that might not matter.

Ken

so i attached one of our other panelviews right out the box it was a panel view 1250 i had absolutely no problem connecting and downloading to it. I dont know what it is about this panelview plus 7 but it will not let me download i wish i new a fix, and as far as downloading to a USB it tells me the same fault destination unavailable so and that panel view i cant tell which version it is because a bunch of stuff comes up so i will attach a photo for you to see maybe you can see what version it is because im not sure if its 9.

I use Paint.Net every day for re-sizing, editing, annotating, and rotating screenshots and pictures. It's free and very useful and will make your posts much easier to read: https://www.getpaint.net/

as far as downloading to a USB it tells me the same fault destination unavailable

What I meant was using the ordinary Windows file explorer to copy the *.MER file to a USB flash drive, then plugging that drive into the PanelView Plus. You don't use the Transfer Utility.

Your *.MER files are generally in a specific directory on your computer:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\RSView Enterprise\ME\Runtime

The PanelView Plus looks at a specific directory on a removable media device like a CF card, SD card, or USB Card.

For example, if the removable device is drive D on your computer, create a directory and put the *.MER file in it.

D:\RSView Enterprise\ME\Runtime

When you connect that CF card, SD card, or USB drive to the PanelView, you should be able to select it as "Removable Storage" or "USB Device". The file transfer menu items will automatically look in that \RSView Enterprise\ME\Runtime directory only. They won't look on the root directory or let you browse to a different directory.

Your photo's labels of two pilot lights with the output number suggests this is a training rig. Is this a classroom situation or just a test bench at work ?