Panelview plus 7 wont connect to factory talk

miller20

can anyone help with trying to connect a panelview plus 7 to a pc i made a ip address for the panel view i ping it from my pc and its seeing it but it wont stay connected in factory talk and it sees it in there also. i attached some photos to the thread.

IMG_6865.jpg IMG_6866.jpg IMG_6867.jpg IMG_6869.jpg

What IP address did you assign your computer?

Edit: wait, you appeared to assign your computer .21 and the PanelView .21. That won't work. Try assigning your computer .20 instead.

Edit2: The ping replies are coming from your own network adapter, not the PanelView. All Ethernet devices that are to communicate to each other must have unique addresses.

Last edited:
I would probably remove the gateway address, unless there really is one.

Did you reboot your PanelView after giving it its IP address? That configuration takes place after a reboot.

ok so i got it to comuincate from PC to panelview now when i try to download the program file it says, the destination selected is not a valid factory talk view me station destination
please select a valid destination and try again. what in the heck does that mean? why cant anything be easy with programming lol

Everyone who has done PLC programming over Ethernet has inadvertently assigned duplicate IP addresses and felt foolish about it for a few seconds.

If you can, post a screenshot of your FactoryTalk View ME Transfer Utility and how you have browsed and selected the PanelView Plus to which you are downloading the *.MER runtime application file.

Usually, "the destination selected is not a valid FactoryTalk View ME Station destination" means that you have inadvertently selected a PLC or other device in your browse, or the PanelView is a newer firmware revision than is recognized by your software.

The PV+ menus should tell you the firmware revision of your PV+ terminal, and of course the Help -> About on FTView Studio will tell you what version and support you have installed.

On the panelview, go to terminal settings, network and communication, rslinx enterprise setup (something like that). Restore to default, then try downloading

lol sorry guys by the way thanks for all this help, so i restored them to factory default but just fyi there was nothing in there

Still wouldnt let me download

i did ping the ip address and i am connected i attached a photo of my transfer utility so you can see if maybe i have something wrong on that. sorry if it comes in side ways lol

IMG_6872.jpg