How do you download HMI program Allen Bradley

There are a lot of different types of AB HMI's. You will need to provide some more information, preferably the full catalog number.

PanelBuilder32 is for the older PV's part number starting with 2711-, the newer Panelview PLUS is the newer ones and starts with 2711P- and uses Factory Talk, there are also several others as ASF pointed out but these two are the most popular

gafry said:
What software and procedure do you need to download to an Allen Bradley
HMI controlled by an Allen Bradley PLC?

If, for instance, you simply have an application file you received from a programmer, and just want to transfer it to the HMI i.e. you do not want or need to be able to create/edit/compile HMI applications, then you could possibly transfer a compiled application file using another method, without needing the full software, such as PanelBuilder32, FactoryTalk View Studio, or even RSLinx Classic.

If your HMI terminal has a memory card slot (older), USB port (newer), or SD card slot (newer again) for instance, then you don't necessarily need any AB software. You could copy the application file to the terminal via removable media.

But I'm guessing at whether or not it's as simple as that, in your case?

More details please and include the HMI terminals catalog number, if you can.

Regards,
George

Last edited: