How do you tell the input if it's voltage or current?

Guido

Got a 1746-FIO4V 2-analog input (0 to 10 vdc) or (4-20 mA) and 2 analog output (0-10vdc) card. How do I let the card know if it's voltage or current I'm sending the inputs...using RSLogix 500 and a SLC 5/03 OS302? Can I simply loop back the outputs, which I've already mastered, to the inputs? But what about current restrictions, if I'm looking for current or voltage?

Thanks for any help,
Yes, I'm a newbie,

Guido

Similar Topics

Dear All, Can Somebody Tell Me The Pid Response To An Step Input (when & What The P Does, When & What The I Does, When &what The D Dose)...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I need some local help to upload the Crimson program from a G310 Red Lion HMI. It cannot be easier than that. The thing is (for reasons...
Replies
Views
Hello: Working on a program that needs to read some data from other Rockwell PLCs. Every second my program sends "CIP Data Table Read" command and...
Replies
Views
I found these two software dongles in an old desk occupied by one of our automation guys. The black one looks like an Indusoft dongle but it...
Replies
Views
Hello Everyone. I know with Rockwell stuff, the series card is important, cant' just swap a series A input card with a serB, even if the catalog...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom