How specific software is entered from another software

Mohammed zaid

As in modicon140CPU43412A installed for wartsilla power plant control, and as i know concept software employed with such plc, but here we have a software known as WISE "wartsilla information system environment" then from wise there is method to entering concept . I can't understand how a software entered through another sofware, whats the technique. Thanks.

Most general-purpose interface programs have the ability to 'launch' other programs. The end-user may do this by clicking on something on the screen. The interface program contains some sort of 'link' or 'script' to point to the program that is to be launched.

C language programmers do this sort of thing with 'spawn' or 'exec' or maybe 'system' function calls. That's what the interface program is doing but the details are hidden from the interface developer. The interface database probably contains a complete path specification for the Concept file somewhere.

It shouldn't be too difficult to figure out how to launch the Concept software directly if that is what you want to do.

Perhaps I should have made clear that your WISE COULD actually be an installation of a general-purpose interface program like Wonderware or Ifix or any one of a number of products. Many times integrators using these programs attempt to hide what they are using and make it look like it is written just for the customer. OR it may be code that was written specifically for your installation. Either way works but the general-purpose interface is usually the better solution.