How to check device usage offline for Omron CQM1?

flyers

Hi guys,

My customer has send me a backup program of Omron CQM1, due to some upgrade at the machine, I need to know how many spare points the PLC has. There is no wiring diagram & the panel cabling is quite messy and time consuming to trace all the hard wire one by one. I was thinking the Omron has feature like in RSLogix...device usage :)

Please comment. Thank you.

Do you have CX-Programmer?

If so, use 'ctrl + x', select 'detailed usage' under the report type, select 'IO' under the memory area, and generate.

This will compile a report of all the IO 'bit' areas used in you program. If you know the memory structure / allocation, this will enable you to decipher what is used & what isn't.

If the code uses internal IO memory for internal flags, this will also be generated, bear this in mind.

I am assuming that you know how many modules are installed, and in what order?

Hope this helps.

If an I/O table has been generated in the PLC and saved in CX-Programmer you can find it in the I/O table section on the left of the screen. This will give you the I/O table layout for the PLC.

If no I/O table has been generated and saved, you will need to contact the customer for the I/O layout.

Earlier Omron PLCs did run without an I/O table. The CS/CJ/CP series requires an I/O table before they will run. The CQM1 did not.

Hi guys,

Thanks for your info, i think it should be "Alt + x", right?

The physical hardware at site as below in order:

1) PA216
2) CQM1-CPU21
3) OCH
4) ID212
5) OD211
6) OD214
All one unit each.

I'm not familiar with Omron addressing & hardware, but I guess:
1) OCH = Relay 16 output
2) ID212 = 16 Input
3) OD212 = Transistor 16 output
4) OD214 = Transistor 16 output

Referring to the cross reference, I assume Address 0 is for ID212, while Address 100, 101 & 102 is for OCH, OD212 & OD214? Am I right? But I couldn't find address 102. Please correct me if I'm wrong. 10q.

Omroncqm1.JPG

Omron2.JPG

Sorry, you have some wrong assumptions.
0ch is the 16 built in DC inputs on the cpu. Address 000.xx
The ID212 will be channel 001.xx
The OD211 will be channel 100.xx
The OD214 will be channel 101.xx
Not at work, so I am using your descriptions.

In looking at the cross reference, I do not understand why anyone would use the channel 002 addresses. These would be used if another input module were added. If you do add an input module you will need to re-address all the channel 002 bits.
The ID212 has 8 unused inputs. The bits with a "." indicate that they are not used in the program.

Hope this will help.

Manuals that may help
Omron W228 CQM1 Programming at MrPLC.com
Omron W226 CQM1 Operation at MrPLC.com

Last edited:
In looking at the cross reference, I do not understand why anyone would use the channel 002 addresses. These would be used if another input module were added. If you do add an input module you will need to re-address all the channel 002 bits.

I agree with gtsupport here, BUT, on a small project recently using a CPM2A, I used channel 003 addresses, as I knew that the system would never go over that many inputs.

The odd thing here, by looking at the IO table, is that all bits in the 002 channel, are used only once, same for the 230 & 231 channels. To me, this indicates that they are possible used as an integer, not a bit file.

If you could post the code, we could have a look to confirm.