how to configure 1747-SN RIO scanner

costarica

hi,

i am having trouble communicating between my 1794-SN RIO scanner and my 1794-ASB adapter.

i am a newbie with basic PLC background. i would like to learn more about how to setup and program my PLC to perform a basic sequencer ladder program.

my project requires me to use the flex I/O which i have no background on.

if anyone can point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

i have read the manuals on the part but i am still confused.

my setup is as follows:

SLC 5/05 CPU
1747-SN RIO scanner (rack 6)
1794-ASB RIO Adapter
1794-0A8 Flex I/O x 2 (output)
1794-IB16 Flex I/O (sink input)

Hi

I think you mean your card is in slot 6

So first you will have to set the dip switches in the flex base module and your set up means you have to set it to half a rack and give it a rack number of 1 just to be sure do you have Anything else on the network
Now in the I/o configuration right click on your scanner card and you will see m codes I think. In here you will see boxes to select the rack number and rack size. Check the box fir rack 1 and set it to half rack.
Down load this and see what colour you lights go. Your digital inputs should now be in your input data table. The analogue are a bit different as you will have to write out to them and this should be in the manual. Best to get the rest working first

Donnchadh