How to connect click plc to advanced hmi

Aljubovic

So I installed advanced hmi and grabbed an ethernet cable. I have the click C0-12DRE-1-D PLC.
I installed the advanced hmi and added the modbusTCP driver. I then went and opened the click programming software and found the ip for my click. I entered it in then I added a digital panel meter. I went into my click plc and found a simulation value that I wanted to display. I copied the modbus address and inputted it.
I also have a Ea9 hmi connected to port 2 on the click PLC. I use this is control the simulation.

I connected the ethernet port to my pc and started the program, nothing is displaying on advanced hmi, my ea9 hmi is displaying the value normally.

Am I doing something wrong? How do you find out what is your Click PLC's IP address? Can I not connect an pc to the ethernet port 1 and an hmi in port 2?
Where do I find the constant value of the clicks IP address?

Last edited:
Yes, you can communicate with any of the ports simultaneously, so the HMI on the serial port and HMI on the Ethernet port should both work fine.

For IP settings, see pic:

clickip.png

Alright, I typed in 192.168.0.6 into the iP address in the click software and used the same subnet mask as you. Then in advanced hmi I went into the modbusTCP properties and changed the ip address to 192.168.0.6. When I started it up the display keeps saying "can not connect to 192.168.0.6, port 502"
Not sure what is happening

Last edited:
I have had an occurrence where after changing the IP config of a Click, it didn't communicate with an Ethernet HMI until I cycled the switch to RUN. That was with a new, out of the box click right after a firmware upgrade, so may not apply to your case.

Also, I think I read on A/D forum that for security concerns, newer Click firmware may not use the default port 502. I will see if I can find that info.
EDIT: Nevermind the above. They used to allow a different port for HMI comms and now state you should use port 502.

What is the IP address of your laptop?

Last edited:
When I open the connect to click plc in the click program and select Ethernet port type, it says that my network adapter ip is different than the plc ip which is the one I input 192.168.0.6. When I try and connect it says that the subnet masks do not match and cannot connect.
Ip of my computer is 169.254.

When I open the connect to click plc in the click program and select Ethernet port type, it says that my network adapter ip is different than the plc ip which is the one I input 192.168.0.6. When I try and connect it says that the subnet masks do not match and cannot connect.
Ip of my computer is 169.254.

You need to set your laptop IP configuration to a static IP address on the same logical network as the PLC, but it can't be identical. In other words, set the IPv4 IP address to 192.168.0.x where x is not equal to 6

Thanks. I got it connected. I have a digital panel meter that is linked to one of my simulation psi in the plc. I put down the mod bus for it and it is reading a constant negative value? Like it shows -26214 when the value is 113 psi and changes to random values as the psi number increases like 22643 then -22343. Do I need to scale something?

Thanks. I got it connected. I have a digital panel meter that is linked to one of my simulation psi in the plc. I put down the mod bus for it and it is reading a constant negative value? Like it shows -26214 when the value is 113 psi and changes to random values as the psi number increases like 22643 then -22343. Do I need to scale something?

More likely the problem is with zero or one based addressing or with byte order or word order.

What is the data type of the address in the Click?

With a Click for Long integers or Floats, you will get the low word first, then the high word.

Last edited:
Not sure what that even means. I just installed it and when I placed the display on screen I typed in the modbus address into PLCaddressvalue. Not sure what word order is, I just typed in the modbus address from the click into the hmi display

Not sure what that even means. I just installed it and when I placed the display on screen I typed in the modbus address into PLCaddressvalue. Not sure what word order is, I just typed in the modbus address from the click into the hmi display

Without going into the full back story of Modbus data types, have a look at this:

https://www.advancedhmi.com/forum/index.php?topic=726.0

The last message from Archie mentions the addition of a WordSwap property that you need to toggle.

It works now. All I had to do was put in F in front of the modbus address. I guess with other data types I will have to do the same but with different letters. Not sure where there is a guide for what letters to put in front of the modbus for each data type. Guess I will have to guess and check