How to connect with a VIPA CPU 214?

asteroide

Hello friends

I have a VIPA CPU 214, I need to do a little change. It has MP2I interface.

Which is the software that I need?

Which is the cable needed?

Thanks in advance.

The VIPA is a clone of a Siemens CPU214.

You need Step 7 software & either Siemens USB MPI adapter or their PCMCIA card.

Thank you for your fast response.

So, are you sure that I can use Simatic S7 PC adapter USB form Siemens?

Best regards.

Hi Asteroide,

you can use any of VIPA or Siemens MPI cables or USB-MPI adapter cable if connecting to a laptop. For the software you can use WinPLC7 from VIPA or Step7 Simatic Manager. Here you can find more information in their manual http://vipausa.com/manuals/ or just contact their support.

BTW, VIPA 214 is not a clone of Siemens 214. They are different systems, using different software. VIPA is actually a German PLC manufacturer, merged recently with Yaskawa and has no relations with any Chinese company.

Good luck with your program changes.

Hello

Thanks for your help.

I have used Step 7 and Simatic S7 PC Adapter and its working¡¡¡

Thanks again¡¡¡
:D

I see you have your solution, which is the best one when you have an S7 adapter.

You could also use an IBH link S7++ with "S5\S7 for windows" programming software or also step7. But with s5\s7 no hardware config is required. This can be handy for something like a Vipa CPU where a little extra HW config is required.