How to Disable FactoryTalk SE OnScreen Keyboard during Runtime

Hi Guys,

I have a project where I have 4 ME Panelview Plus apps and 5 SE Industrial PC apps.

The numeric input display is different in SE than ME so in order to for each app to have the same "feel" i made my own kepad for SE to look identical to ME one.

Everything worked fine until end of project when i enabled security on SE. In order for operator to log in they need the onscreen kepboard feature of SE. Of course when enabled this now overides my custom keypad,

Is there anyway i can enable SE keyboard when on a specific (login) screen and disable it when i leave this screen???

How did you implement your keyboard?
If you implement it as a ActiveX Control, then you need only use it where you need numeric/screen input on a control by control basis. In that case, the default keyboard would still be active for 'Native' View controls.

Hi RDCast,

The very man!!!

No I didnt implement it using ActiveX. Its basically just a display I created using the SendKeys command. On click of an object i call the screen passing in the tag I want to write too.