How to enable source protection in several versions of RSLogix 5000?

asteroide

Hello Friends

I have a installation with v16, v17, v18, v19, v20. When I tried to open a v20 file, the enable source protection was not enabled. So I run the enable source protection from the installation folder, and I can open the v20 file and the menu enable source perotecction enable.
But I tried to open a file v17 and the enable source protection was disabled.
If I open the v20 the enable source protection works, but not with v17.
How can I fix that?
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• EnableSourceProtection.jpg
    EnableSourceProtection.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 9
It doesn't look like you have a project open in the image you posted. The controller box is telling you that there is no controller. I am pretty sure that source protection is on a program by program basis. If you don't have a project open, there is nothing to protect. It isn't enough to open RSLogix V17, you have to open a project made in V17.