Panelview Plus 1500- Input Enable Problems

Arnie32492

Hi there,

Maybe I am overthinking this issue, but here is what I have going on. I have a program running for a water valve on a DI system. We have a PID controlling the valve through the transmitter downstream. Everything is working great. However if the panelview looses power or any other situation where the application has to restart and run again, the Input Enable values go to 0. Thus causing all our PID values to go to 0. Then we have to manually enter them again.

Cant seem to find a spot where this particular panelview saves the last state? We are using PLC 5. The issue is definitely the panelview placing a 0 in all the PID input enable values.

Any help to avoid this would be appreciated. Thanks

A few thoughts off the top of my head...

(1) Does the PLC also lose power when the HMI does?

(2) Does the PLC CPU have a battery, and if so, is it good?

(3) Will the process run with the HMI disconnected?

The issue is definitely the panelview placing a 0 in all the PID input enable values

This seems highly unlikely. I would venture to guess that something is up with your PLC processor.

So the PLC never looses power. We were setting up the panelview with the new screens. Once power is removed from just the panelview or go back to the configuration screen, followed by reloading the application it sets the Input Enable push button values to 0. Causing all the PID values to change to 0.

Was hoping the panelview had a save last state if power was lost, but dont see it. Gonna look at putting in logic to prevent the values from going to 0 in the PLC program. Would like to figure out how to avoid the panelview defaulting to 0 on the Input Enable buttons.

Thanks

Once power is removed from just the panelview or go back to the configuration screen, followed by reloading the application it sets the Input Enable push button values to 0. Causing all the PID values to change to 0.
Hmmm... Sounds interesting. One thing you could try to verify that it is the HMI is to create a default numeric input somewhere on the screen and link it to an unused tag in the PLC. Then enter a value and reboot the HMI. Under default settings the value in the numeric input should not change.

If you are able to post the project file I may be able to take a look at it.

If it were a PV Standard, I'd say to find the setting that says to write initial values on startup and disable it. I'm not sure if that PV+ has a similar setting somewhere...