how to label a wire in control panel

CGB, For a machine with multiple control panels we typically have all of the control panels and schematics all in the same drawing set. So this is not an issue. If you are doing the same thing then I would stick with this. Since my last post I have adopted using AutoCAD Electrical and this handles the wire number system for you. If the control panels are all in the same project then the different control panels wiring would be on different sheet numbers and would work as I described previously. I am not sure if AutoCAD can handle sheet and line numbers between projects. However, we do have applications where we have to add a new control cabinet for a retrofit and may have to lace the wires together from the original package to the new drawing set. Often times in this scenario there is not a lot of this and I simply will add destination arrows with wire numbers from my package and have a small note next to them referencing the other package sheet and line number that it will go to. But again, for a large machine with a main panel and several smaller station panels we keep them in the same project.