How to log data from Panel view plus 1000 or controllogix 5000 via usb

naimiracle

Dear All
Now we use controllogix5000 as controller and panelview plus1000 for Display all required parameters as work site that more than 100 units so my team have to log data for daily parameter via paper so it's too old then now I create PLC tag to upload data to Microsoft excel from then it's too hard cause I have to open the cabinet then connect PLC for online program and link all parameters to excel form via PLC tag. So that I need to make it easy as USB plugin to upload the data by login with employee ID and then all parameter will be downloaded to USB as excel form. for the past we used almost 45mins to record parameters at worksite per unit. for my present solution with create tag to excel form such 1minute for upload. anyone please help. thanks for advance

+1 widelto
AdvancedHMI
I would log to a database from the PLC's via an Ethernet connection. Excel then would communicate to the database to view the information.

Regards,

You could use audit trail to record operator actions.

You could use Data Logging Active X to record values.

Then you can FTP to HMI to read files from HMI.

This is not a simple flip the switch configuration, but it is possible, and works well.