how to make 2 delay time for 1 output?

j3py

hai.. im quiet new for plc programming, and now currently learning plc with siemens s5 - 100.

btw, my friend gave a program to me, its a blinking lamp with only one steady time. for example if i set the timer to 3 secs, then it will 3 secs on, 3 secs off, 3 secs on, and so on. the problem is i tried to make the lamp i.e. 3 secs on, 1 secs off, 3 secs on, and so on.

can anyone help? thanks a million...

j3py

This is something that I have done using a function block.

I setup a function block (FB51) as the following:-

Name : CLOCK
Decl : TIMA I/Q/D/B/T/C: T
Decl : VALA I/Q/D/B/T/C: D KM/KH/KY/KS/KF/KT/KC/KG: KT
Decl : TIMB I/Q/D/B/T/C: T
Decl : VALB I/Q/D/B/T/C: D KM/KH/KY/KS/KF/KT/KC/KG: KT
Decl : OUTP I/Q/D/B/T/C: Q BI/BY/W/D: BI

:AN =TIMB
:LW =VALA
:SD =TIMA
:A =TIMA
:LW =VALB
:SD =TIMB
:A =TIMA
:= =OUTP
:BE

Then I call the FB from a PB and set the values for the delays in the PB, to give 3 seconds on 1 off set the values as below:

:JU FB51 //Jump unconditionally to FB51
Name: CLOCK //Symbolic name of the FB
TIMA: T 44 //Timer 44 used for ‘TIMA’
VALA: KT 030.1 //Set the value for T44 to 3 seconds
TIMB: T 45 //Timer 45 used for ‘TIMB’
VALB: KT 010.1 //Set the value for T45 to 1 second
OUTP: F82.6 // F82.6 will flash 3 seconds on and 1 second off.

If you do your ‘flashing’ using this FB, then it is quite easy to change the timer values within any PB, you would just call the FB conditionally (JC) and write different values to VALA and VALB, for however long you wish the 'flash' to last for.

Hope this helps

Paul

The following ladder is just one of the methods to achieve that, there are many, pls explore

Output O:2.0/0 turns on for 3 sec and off for 1 sec

timer.jpg