how to program motor control relay

I hope the OP got their homework in on time. I am still struggling with it. This is what I got. It works...But not the way my garage door does. If anyone takes a look, I would appreciate it

I hope the OP got their homework in on time. I am still struggling with it. This is what I got. It works...But not the way my garage door does. If anyone takes a look, I would appreciate it

Why did you decide to reset the counter at a value of 5 instead of 4 ?

@ Mickey,
Last nite I had some free time, so I started playing with this again. I got frustrated with the emulator so I loaded it on a ML1000(1761-l10bwa).
I got it to work but on the 4 count It would start fire the up input again. I tried to replicate it again this evening and shorted the ML. It won't reload or run the program now. I don't have the time to mess w/ it right now. Thanks for looking at the logic. I haven't given up yet. I will work on it some more when time allows.

@ Mickey,

I got it to work but on the 4 count It would start fire the up input again.

Put a one-shot in front of your counter instruction.

The reason is when you use the "RES" instruction to reset your counter it not only resets the .ACC it also resets the enable bit of the counter. If the rung with the counter is still true the next scan the counter will increment again. It's very hard to push a button in for only one scan.

Last edited:
Oh I see what you are saying and will give it a try. The next issue I have is when trying to duplicate real world conditions ie The up limit stays made after the motor stops. The counter will not count for the next step unless it is cleared. I tried using one shots on the limit switches. I believe there has got to be a cleaner/simpler way. Thank you very much for your input.

I think I got it.

This is what I came up with. It works the way I think it should. I even added a door blocked photo eye.
Thanx Mickey for taking the time to look at "me playing at home."
Anyone and everyones comments,questions, and/or complaints are greatly appreciated.

Mickey,
Would you please give me an example of what you would use/like to see for rung comments(based on my Garage door pgm). I have a plc5 at work that is loaded with them. Unfortunately, half the time they are in German and the other half they are in poorly translated English. I want to get better at documenting changes and existing programs. The end goal is to make it easier on me and my coworkers.
Thanx in advance for your time.

In post 21 you said
door blocked photo eye

Put that in your rung comment. For the rest what where you thinking when you wrote the rungs, put your thoughts in the rung comment.

See rung one below. Is that what you were thinking ?

Sometimes when you go back to an old program you wrote you offen find yourself saying"what was I thinking". Rung comments remind you.
And someone else may say what was he/she thinking.

RungComment.jpg

Last edited: