How to run an application when an event occur?

I have never used SE, but RSView Ver.6.3 there is a "Run Command", I guess which can be used to run other apps.

May be you can explore on this

command line app

Hi

I want to run a command line application (i.e. windows "DOS" external application)
whenever an alarm goes on.

Thanks.

Use the event detector to pick up the event and trigger the appactiveate command to run the .exe that you want to run. You may have to change a registry setting (sorry, can't remember it off hand) to make the application sturt with focus.

If your using win98, xp, or 2k, you will want to check this out. Looks like it also applies to RSViewSE. I had to use it with RSView32 to allow the appstart command to give focus to the application being started. Otherwise, the app will start okay, but be in the background.

Last edited: