How to save values by using Memory tags in RS View 32

AB2005

I have created many memory tags (String & integers) in HMI in RS View 32 in which operators save the data of machine's production related. But my problem is that when I stop the project for editing, the values in those tags clear. Is it possible that the values must be saved even I shutdown the RS View?

I have created many memory tags (String & integers) in HMI in RS View 32 in which operators save the data of machine's production related. But my problem is that when I stop the project for editing, the values in those tags clear. Is it possible that the values must be saved even I shutdown the RS View?

Hi,

My suggestion would be to not use Memory Tags for vairables (data) that might change... Use String & Integer addresses in the PLC, if you can.

I use the Memory Tags when I have (for example) an ingredient to a recipe whereby the ingredient name cannot be changed. I then may use this ingredient name within a parameter file.

The ingredient name cannot be changed as it is tied to a hardware item such as a valve/pump/hopper etc..

The recipe name can be changed if need be. A recipe being a collection of ingredients.

A Parameter file is used for different recipes using the same graphic..

Hope this helps
Ian