How to setup vfd speed based on job per hour

sukigill

Hello,

I am trying to setup on plc so If I enter 60 jph (job per hour) it will send the vfd hertz based on what jph is entered by supervisor/manager.

Is there any formula or mathematic equation that I can use in PLC so whenever Supervisor wants to change the speed they will just enter how many jobs per hour they want to run on the HMI screen and the PLC will send the heart based on the JPH selected. Please let me know if some one have done this thank you

Should be a simple linear scaling based on y=mx+b. Since 0Hz = 0job/hr, the "b" term is 0. You just need to measure "x". To do that, run the VFD at 30Hz (for example) and note the job/hr. Divide them and that's your ratio. Assuming the ratio is constant across the range of VFD speeds, you would then multiply the ratio by the entered jph to get Hz.