FR-V500 VFD SETUP SOFTWARE, for Inverters

jets

Hi All,

I have a FR-V520-3.7K inverter here and I need to locate the software for it. Googling say "FR-SW1-SETUP-WE" is the original software. It's window 95/ME era software.

Is it available for free download? If not is there an newer suite of software that will run on newer PC's and Windows OS?

I actually have DOS, XP and Win 7 on one PC tucked away on a shelf if necessary.

The FR-V520 appears to be RS-485-4, do I need an adapter and driver from the PC to inverter? I suppose I can use an generic but not sure.

Thanks in advance, jets

That is the correct software, I don't think it is free but it's now old as the inverters were upgraded to the 700 You do need an adapter which I believe came with the software this was a simple 232 to 485 converter cable. To be honest it would not be too difficult if you have the programming console to enter the information manually. It will run on win 7 & XP as I had it on mine at one time.

Parky,

So you say the "programming console" you mean the control panel FR-DU04-1 correct?

If so that is what I have always found, it's easier to just enter it that way. I only like the software to see the parameters.

Mitsubishi makes fantastic products I just find their manuals hard to follow.

I am also in search of the document that better outlines the RS-485 hardware and the modbus messages used. From what I have gathered they are using RS-485-4 hardware. I have found a parameter list in the advanced manual that I think outlines the modbus message addresses. I just thought they would have a complete document explains it all.

If anyone know of such a document can you post a link? I will continue to search.

Also how is Mitsubishi (Canada in my case) about tech support on old hardware if I call them?

DOS era VFDs are past their expected lifespan and likely no longer repairable. You might want to consider upgrading to new drives rather than put your operation at risk for serious unexpected down time when one fails...

Even though it's an old drive the newer versions are almost a direct replacement, even the parameter lists are almost the same so no problem upgrading when needed. The programming console on some of the drives is built in but in many they were an option add on I think they used to cost around £90.00 so not too expensive, I believe the later 700 series have them built in.

So I have finally got back to this project. I am trying to start up the drive now.

Is there no way I can turn off the encoder input via a parameter? Do I have to use an encoder motor with this drive?

We do have an encoder for the motor but we are in the process of mechanical adding it to the motor now. I am waiting on getting a M3 tap so I can make the mounting holes for an Omron encoder (2000 PPR).

I have connected the encoder and the error E.ECT (no encoder signal) disappears. When I got to start the motor by the keypad I get no motion and no error, not sure if it's because the encoder is not mechanically coupled to the motor? Like I asked earlier can I not set a parameter to ignore encoder? Also under motor selection parameter 71 what option should I select for a non-Mitsubishi motor?