How to UPLOAD hardware cinfiguration to PC un SIMATIC STEP7

ifnul

Hi everybody,
Does anyone know how to upload hardware configuration from PLC to PC in SIMATIC STEP7. I'am using S7-400
does it make the plc stop when I upload?
thanks for the kindly answer

- The PLC doesn't stop when you upload.

- To get online, try this:
In HW-manager you must insert a rack and the cpu type.
If you connect via the PN-interface, you must put in the IP-address. If you use the MPI-interface, you must put in the correct node number, default is 2.

Now you just click on the upload icon. You'll be asked for a project name, and the online hwconf. will be saved in this project.

This is taken from my fainting memory, hopefully you'll be helped.

Kalle

- The PLC doesn't stop when you upload.

- To get online, try this:
In HW-manager you must insert a rack and the cpu type.
If you connect via the PN-interface, you must put in the IP-address. If you use the MPI-interface, you must put in the correct node number, default is 2.

Now you just click on the upload icon. You'll be asked for a project name, and the online hwconf. will be saved in this project.

This is taken from my fainting memory, hopefully you'll be helped.

Kalle

i have tried connect by using MPI,
There are to option of target station :
1. Local
2. Can be reached by means of gateway
first, i choose option 1, then it doesnt work becouse cant establish connection
then i choose option 2, but the program ask me to input address and S7 subnet ID. how do I know the address an subnet ID of the station??

Thanks for your help

Upload a PLC

In addition to what migwib have said, you should know the MPI address of your CPU(provided that you are communicating via the MPI port & that you chosed MPI in your SET PG/PC Interface).

To know your MPI address you chose DISPLAY ACCESSIBLE NODES from the PLC Tab).

If all of the above is set correctly , then you should be able to upload your CPU.

Cheers
Hagos

In addition to what migwib have said, you should know the MPI address of your CPU(provided that you are communicating via the MPI port & that you chosed MPI in your SET PG/PC Interface).

To know your MPI address you chose DISPLAY ACCESSIBLE NODES from the PLC Tab).

If all of the above is set correctly , then you should be able to upload your CPU.

Cheers
Hagos

Ok, It's Work
Thank You Very Much 🍺