HSC on AB MicroLogix 1400

Is it possible to add a HSC onto a MicroLogix 1400 processor?

I am using RSLogix500 and the toolbar has the HSC button greyed out.

Is there any other way to add in the HSC?

Thank you

Agreed; the HSC instruction is grayed out because it is specific to other models of controller, like the MicroLogix 1000. I think the other high-speed counter configuration instructions like HSL, RAC, HSE, and HSD are also unavailable on the 1100/1400.

The MicroLogix 1100 and 1400 controllers have a newer operating system, and one of the differences is that the high speed counters are configured using special "Function Files", rather than specific configuration instructions.

There are also numerous RA Knowledgebase articles about the high-speed counter feature on the modern MicroLogix, if you don't want to download PDF files from (ahem !) Russian servers.