Hydraulic Press Control Webinar

Peter I had to go to an emergency breakdown so I was 1 of the guys who didn't stay till the end. Thank you for putting the video on your site so I can watch it again.

I will post here when the video is ready. It is big. After the webinar it took 2.5 hours to process. I do not know what format it is in. We may need to convert to .mp4 if it isn't already. On top of that we can probably trim 5 minutes off.

I was looking at the webinar from home. I didn't notice that there were questions being asked in the GotoWebinar box. I did eventually notice. This is something we learn from experience. I think we did well but only A- or B+.

The big thing is that the GotoWebnar worked without technical difficulties. I have been informed that those using Skype have not faired so well so it is worth the extra $$ to use GotoWebinar.

So what would you guys like to cover next? Anything about hydraulics is easy. My suggestion would be how to control a non-linear system.
Specific hydraulic or servo motor applications are good.
I could do one on flying shears or cutoffs and rotary shears.
Although we specialize in hydraulics, probably 20-30% of the applications are servo motors or motors with VFDs. Often there is a mix of hydraulics and motors.

Mathematically, I can cover many topics like filters.

Delta has invested a lot of money in test/lab systems. One is what we call our basic system. We have 3 others. One is the press system. We have our non-linear system and our severely under damped system ( like a slinky ).

Many here have seen these systems and have had hands on experience with them.

I have found a niche in the market. I pickup what the large integrators leave behind. They get the system 95% there and call it good, so I come back in and tweak the bugs out.

I would like a "Motion for dummies" . I've gotten to go see how others have done hydraulics, but I've never got to do any from scratch.

Thanks for putting this on, Peter. Thought it was very interesting. We don't do any hydraulic motion really, so servo motor applications would be more in my area of interest. RMCTools looks great, would like to try it out sometime. Look forward to seeing more!

We have processed the video and reduced the size by about a factor of 5 so it isn't nearly as big as it was.
https://forum.deltamotion.com/t/april-14-2020-delta-hydraulic-press-webinar/728
Ignore the suggest topics area. It isn't suggesting related topics yet.

Any suggestions for a follow up? We were thinking about testing although that isn't really PLC related. We, our customers, have done a lot of test systems using our controllers with NI Labview. We compete with MTS. BTW, we use LabView to test our circuit cards so we are very familiar with LabView.

I missed the live webinar. I started watching the recording. It is very interesting. Thank you for posting. I noticed that the demo videos did not show up (at least up to the 1 hour point). Was this by design?

I missed the live webinar. I started watching the recording. It is very interesting. Thank you for posting. I noticed that the demo videos did not show up (at least up to the 1 hour point). Was this by design?
Good catch. We are editing, mixing and matching pre-recorded videos of the press and the RMCTools. I have asked to fix this.