Hydraulic press (Distance Measurement?)

osmanmon said:
the "sensor" will not determine the precision stop but "control system" will determine the precision stop.
Actually both are required. The weakest link principle applies.

http://deltamotion.com

This is the type of controller you need to use in lieu of a PLC in high-precision applications.
Yes, the end customer is too cheap to do it right so there was no point in suggesting our controller be used
The OP was right not to bid on this project.

We are challenged all the time by those that think they can do the job in a PLC cheaper. It never turns out that way and if they are too proud to say they were wrong they live with inferior performance. OK, so the difference in performance isn't that great but over time it adds up to real money.

"control system" i will refer to every thing involving sensor,actuator,bit that contribute precision result,

if OP only focus on 'sensor' and forget other things that will invite problem,

the customer want to go cheap product without care the consequence.

"control system" i will refer to every thing involving sensor,actuator,bit that contribute precision result,

if OP only focus on 'sensor' and forget other things that will invite problem,

the customer want to go cheap product without care the consequence.

That's pretty typical of a customer. They want the capabilities of a fully-loaded military grade Humvee but think they'll get it for the price of a 1996 Suzuki Swift.

Actually both are required. The weakest link principle applies.

Yes, the end customer is too cheap to do it right so there was no point in suggesting our controller be used
The OP was right not to bid on this project.

We are challenged all the time by those that think they can do the job in a PLC cheaper. It never turns out that way and if they are too proud to say they were wrong they live with inferior performance. OK, so the difference in performance isn't that great but over time it adds up to real money.

It's a real shame. I've used the Delta controllers and they really do work very well and are easy to set up. Sure, the hardware cost might be higher, but having me at your facility for three extra days trying to tweak a Micrologix program to do something it's not capable of doing costs even more. Unfortunately, too many customers only look at hardware cost and not labor.