Hydraulic Servo in S7/Logix5000

Manglemender

Hello Forum Members,

I'm looking into an application that requires a hydraulic axis to be servod to position with a high degree of accuracy and repeatability so a dedicated hydraulic servo controler would seem to be required.

I hear that there's a card available that plugs into the rack of a Logix5000 PLC but there doesn't appear to be a equivelent for the Siemens S7 range.

The customer wants to use a 315-2 PN/DP but may o with the Logix5000 solution.

I'm interested to hear other people's expriences / recommendations for integrating hydraulic motion into a PLC environment.

Nick

Hi,
Cant tell you if AB have a card for this but you can use a TrioMotion Cantroller
to control the hydraulic and communicate from AB over Ethernet/IP to Trio.
Not the app you are looking for but a alternative that works great!

I am watching

I'm interested to hear other people's expriences / recommendations for integrating hydraulic motion into a PLC environment.
It depends on the application requirements and what PLC is going to be used. Some hydraulic controllers are more powerful than the PLCs and can do everything themselves without the PLC as long as the I/O count isn't too big.
I have LOTS of application examples.

By now you should know that my company, Delta Computer Systems, makes hydraulic motion/force controllers that communicate over Ethernet or Profibus or fit into the PLC.

Siemens 315T and IM174 work great
Don't try the FM354 for hydraulic motion

Last edited:
Thanks for all the replies.

I knew that "at least one person" would recommend Delta Motion to I've had a look at the web site and the products o look very good and would certainly be appropriate to te task. I had a look at the website of the listed UK distributor but Delta Motion certainly doesn't feature prominently.

It depends on the application requirements and what PLC is going to be used.

I haven't seen this machine yet but the application is a hydraulic press that, I'm guessing, will need to be controlled in speed and position and maybe a profiled move.

I have thought about using the 315T/317T but I'm trying to avoid that solution for three reasons: 1) Customer resistance 2) The software does not happily co-exist with Simotion Scout, 3) It's an odd product that I dont think is being "pushed" by Siemens.

Once again, thanks for all the replies,

Nick

Nick

T CPU can be programmed with Scout (So if you already have Scout you dont have to buy T config software)
Siemens is very much promoting T cpu. As a matter of fact, 4.2 just came out and there is an "F" failsafe version and path was added
(along with alot of added PLC Open blocks)

Your Siemens sales guy needs to get to work :)