I can´t make a new data base in ftv se 6.1

JLGARFER

Hi everybody. I´am a little new programing HMI. I know that is important make an alarm and event historian database, which will save the alarms of sometime ago. But i can`t make it. I follow the instruccions in fact, but until today i have could not make it. The first step that was anormal was when it ask for the "Database name", in the form that appear when i click in System/Connections/Database/New Database. There is a button right side for browse the selection, i think. But when i click on it an error appears...

"Unable to connect to the database. Database error - [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][Shared Memory] No existe el servidor SQL Server o se ha denegado el acceso al mismo."

I have follow the instruccions to fill the form and anyway send me the error. After clicking accept then show me the box that should give me the database tht i can choose, but is empty.

Since a few days i am stoped in that step.. please help :eek:

Note:
I have Windows 7 Profesisonal x64
Dell Precision T7500
12 Gb ram, Intel Xeon E5607 2.27GHz
AMD FirePro V7900 (ATI FireGL)
Factorytalk View 6.1 in demo mode

Do you have an SQL Server installed ?

The Alarms & Events subsystem requires an SQL Server, and RA includes a copy of Microsoft SQL Server Express on the FactoryTalk View SE DVD.

The FactoryTalk View SE Installation Guide, publication VIEWSE-IN003 is included when you install FactoryTalk View SE, and is also available from the RA Literature Library.

Hi Ken.. Yes i have SQL Server installed... in fact i have a Data Log Model to store data, which is linked to an SQL data base that I made and it work well. Do you think that is the problem? I have Microsoft SQL Server 2008 r2. Because i heard some about that software, that is a lot incompatible. Thanks

Can you post some details about how you solved the issue ? That would be helpful for future users in a similar situation.

same probleme

hello,
I have the same problem with facotry talk 6.1 database . I can´t make a new data base .
"Unable to connect to the database. Database error - [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][Shared Memory]"

please help

Hello Soufiane, of course, my problem was that i wrote wrong computer name. In the space to write the "computer name" you must write the SQL database name, for example in my case i wrote "JOSUE-PC\FTVIEWX64TAGDB". Before that i just was writing "JOSUE-PC" because it look`s right, but only if you write the SQL Database name after the computer name it`s the only way the program show you the list of databases avaliables.

That was i did, i hope you can fix it too.