I need a CQM1H-CPU51 to talk to my Red lion Da30D

pwalter

I need a CQM1H-CPU51 to talk to my Red lion Da30D
i just need to read the status of some I/O and maybe read some data registers
but I cannot seem to get the scb41 to talk to the datastation

That's not a lot to go on but here are some pointers....

- The SCB41 is not a standard RS232C pin out. You'll need to make a cable.

- Any change to the PLC settings will require a power cycle to take affect.

- You'll use Host Link protocol.

That's not a lot to go on but here are some pointers....

- The SCB41 is not a standard RS232C pin out. You'll need to make a cable.

- Any change to the PLC settings will require a power cycle to take affect.

- You'll use Host Link protocol.

I have already made a cable, did not know about power cycling , that should help.
if I am using host link protocol in the plc , what do i use on the red lion?
it doesn't offer host link it has Series C plc. fins master, or G9SP series
I was trying series C plc but I didn't power cycle the plc after changes.

Series C PLC is synonymous with Host Link in most cases. You'll still need to match serial parameters. I haven't used that Red Lion device so I'm not sure what they have for settings. If baud, data bits and stop bits settings are not available then I would assume default which is 9600, 7, Even, 2.

Series C PLC is synonymous with Host Link in most cases. You'll still need to match serial parameters. I haven't used that Red Lion device so I'm not sure what they have for settings. If baud, data bits and stop bits settings are not available then I would assume default which is 9600, 7, Even, 2.

I have the baud, parity and so forth set correctly,
I am just not familiar with Omron plc's
is there a communication block I have to setup Like some of the older siemens have ?
I can access Siemens plc's and modbus units like this I just cannot get the Omron to work.

Is the data station the master.?
Can you post screen shots of your RL & CQM configs.?
Also, why the need for the SCB, is the CQ serial port used.?

Is the data station the master.?
Can you post screen shots of your RL & CQM configs.?
Also, why the need for the SCB, is the CQ serial port used.?

I want the Data station to log cycle count data from the plc and display I/O status on the display pages.
I am using the SCB 41 to add a serial port the other port is already used in the machine.

serial port configuration is the standard 9600 1,7,2,E
lights indicate I an talking thru the serial port but the data addressing from the redlion to what is in CX programmer don't really match up
I create a data tag in the red lion and and assign it to an address in the Omron and if I look at the tag in the display pages I don't get anything
if I do this with modbus or a siemens plc I can read the status of the memory location or if it is a bit, on or off.
is there a communication setup block in Omron like the older Siemens had?

serial port configuration is the standard 9600 1,7,2,E
Assume CommBoardA/B ? The data station is the same?
Have you tried connecting to the same port with CX-Programmer, since the settings are the same?

lights indicate I an talking thru the serial port but the data addressing from the redlion to what is in CX programmer don't really match up
How so.? Need more info to assist further.

I create a data tag in the red lion and and assign it to an address in the Omron and if I look at the tag in the display pages I don't get anything
When I have done this with the DA01D, I go to watch block & view online to get the actual data.

is there a communication setup block in Omron like the older Siemens had?
No, the memory in this series is fixed. Are you sure that the address exists in the CQM1?