I need a replace PLC for my plastic injection machines, any recommend?

Agamenon

Hi, my name is Eli Godoy, we have a plastic factory,
in Venezuela, we need the PLCs for replace, in plastic injectors
machines, like Cincinnati Milacron and others. We want to replace and upgrade the old PLC in all ours machines. Waht Company, where or who is the best solution in cost - value for this? thx!

What PLC do you currently have?

What's the support like in your area?

What PLC's do you have on-site?

Are the support for these better, worse or same?

If the old PLC did the job a newer PLC by the same manufacturer should be able to do it, unless its a special that was required for specific needs then most other PLC's would probably also be able to control your equipment.

What PLC do you currently have?

The originals, but severals has been lost, we want to replace all with a standar PLC (th same) for all our machines.

What's the support like in your area?

The support in our area sux. We are in South America.

What PLC's do you have on-site?

We currently only have the PLC that originaly come with the machines. We need to replace all this old controllers and upgrade them!

Are the support for these better, worse or same?

We dont have any support currently :( We are alone in the world

If the old PLC did the job a newer PLC by the same manufacturer should be able to do it, unless its a special that was required for specific needs then most other PLC's would probably also be able to control your equipment.

We want to have a uniform plc for all our machines (24), easy, modern and cost-efective maintenance. In fact, we want this for get the operators working with the same rules in all the machines, is very difficult get operators and training them in all machines, we want only one type of PLC for all machines to simplify operations. :D Who can help us? đź““

I have worked in SA, and the std supplier was Siemens. We used S5 at the time, but for your applications, maybe the S7-200 or 300 line would work.
Easy to use, local supply, and relatively inexpensive.
What type of HMI are you currently employing?
You need to do an asessment of I/O, HMI, communciation etc.
Looks like a good opportunity to get the integration people involved. Sometimes, there are great introductory prices for newbies!

nice! Was is "SA"? if you refer to "Human Interface Machine", we use the current olds PLC in each working machine, severals PLC are broken or useless in others, i have a PLC siemen, but the screen lose video, please can explain more where i can find introductories prices for newbies?

Last edited:
thx a lot! I will try to contact Allen Bradley here, but it nice Shiny Siemen S7 can control several machines in real time? How it work? How is the cost of implementation (S7 + Software + LabourTime)? o_O

In my opinion the brand of PLC you choose is of far less importance than the availability of parts and technical support in your area. If the majority of users in your area are using one particular brand, then there are people in your area trained on how to maintain that brand. That means there are resources you can draw on when you run into trouble which means less down time.

I would not recommend controlling multiple machines with a single PLC. If the PLC should fail, all the machines controlled by it are out of service until you can get it fixed. Furthermore, some time in the future it may make sense to move one of the machines. That is easier to do if the machine can stand alone.

yea, we dont have support here and its difficult to get human resources in SA, maybe the personal training for backup systems and others could be a option too, The Siemens SIJECT16 look formidable, but is there a options or similar systems from Allen Bradley, GE, OMROM, PCL Direct o MODICON? :)

I've been using AD products for years to retrofit injection molding machines. All brands and types of IMM's. HPM,Cinci,Van Dorn,TMC,Nissei, ect.

Walt