I/O's Hurt My Brain (Delta vs. LinMot)

Lamboom

Lifetime Supporting Member
Below, is the specs for the IO’s for an old LinMot Servo Drive

NOTE: With the I/O supply connected at pins 8 & 21, If I test the Input (pin 4) “Enable", .. controller is not connected yet, by touching pin 4 with 24VDC, the “Enable” indicates “True" on the Driver software. Confirming the below text on digital Input.

Unfortunately, the Drive also issues a Warning.. "over current”. Might be I’m exceeding 20mA using using 24VDC?

As shown below, I need to connect the IO’s between a Delta RMC75E Controller and the Drive .. NOTE: LinMot shows only ONE wire to pin 4

PreviewScreenSnapz002.jpg

Last edited:
(1) Here’s the Question: From this picture… I’m guessing the top diagram (High = Enable) applies to my setup. Enable out (-) would run to pin (4) with a 10 K resistor between common Pin (21), and Pin (4) … and, Enable out (+) would connect to Pin (8) … The 10K protects the SSRelay. Am I correct?

(2) And.. Here’s a silly question … The “Enable" wires: (Beldon) are (+) Orange/White, and (-) White/Orange … I am assuming that means (+) is a Orange body with small White spots, and (-) is a White body with small Orange spots? This convention is not given in the diagram… sigh!

Sometimes wires have body colors with a thin colored stripe. These have body colors with a colored spot about every inch.. I’m assuming (because I’ve failed to find the convention on the web… ) The first color is the “body” and the second is the spot or stripe? Am I correct?

Thanks much .. Us newbies working in a cave far from other humans who know anything about the electronics of motion control, must grovel and snivel for guidance .. it’s much appreciated. Regards, Michael

Last edited: