Ideal Modbus Configuration Tools

sparky66

Imagine if you were going to request how to configure Modbus/TCP clients and servers in a PLC development software package. What would you want it to look like? It seems like every company has their own take on it, from flexible and somewhat easy to use, to the very cryptic. Are there any packages that you use now that you think do a good job of this? My experience has been that the HMI packages do a better job of this than the PLC packages. Red Lion is one that comes to mind. What about others? What if you could have your ideal configuration, what would that look like?

Similar Topics

Hello, I'm in the phase of dimensioning the PLC hardware setup for a machine. So far I've chosen to work with the 314C-2 DP CPU since it...
Replies
Views
Hey again, The learning is progressing well and my winder application has changed alot since I last asked for assistance. I took back the big 8...
Replies
Views
We're in DEEP saving mode nowadays... Anyone knows what is ideal temperature should be on Emerson Bulk Drives room?
Replies
Views
Hey! It's the Internet! All of us can voice our opinions on what makes a reasonable PLC! Think in terms of... "What if...". With that in mind...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, i was hoping for a little help with this module. i have data that needs to be read from a different plc through the Modbus plus...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom