IDEC FA3S Manual

A66chev

I'm having some problems downloading a program modification to an IDEC FA3S due to the ROM Read/Write error message. I am using WindLDR 4.6. There is an EPROM inserted in the controller. Do I require a new EPROM or have to erase the old one before the controller will accept the download? Anyone have a site or PDF they can send me of the FA3S manual?

Last edited:
I do not use the windLDR software I still use the CLIP software and this will not programme an EPROM or EEPROM directly. These are programmed with a PROGRAMME LOADER.(hand held programmer)

If you do not have access to a programme loader the other solution is to use a CMOS RAM memory unit , this can be loaded whilst in the FA3S

The details of programming with the programme loader are available in the SYMAX 50 (a rebadged IDEC FA1J) handbook that a link has been given for previously I do not have this but a search on this site for Symax50 should locate it.

The link that jrwb4gbm has given points to the software for programming the Symax50 and is not the link I was refering to. The information I was refering to is on a nearby page in the pdf for chapter 4. Try this link

http://www.squared.com/us/products/...sByCategory/C1D5D1332DC29B4285256A0600609385.

Jim.

Tried my link did not connect! Why is it that my links do not work?
Try this follow jrwb4gbm's link to the SFW50 manual then on that page,
'In this area' click 'Documents'
next 'Symax Programmable Controllers' then 'Symax Model 50 Programmable Controller'
next 'Instruction Bulletins' , 'CP50/51 Model 50 Processors'
The information about the memory modules is in the PDF for Chapter 4

Last edited:
Thanks guys for the assist. I will try using the link today at work. I'll let you know how it goes.