IDEC FA3S RUN problem

longo12

Hello everyone,
I have PLC IDEC FA-3SCP12, driving SYNTHESIS PNC machine. PLC is in problem, not showing any of signal lamps (RUN, ERROR FORCE). Power supply is correct and PLC on base plate gets regular voltages. It has Memory pack 4K EEPROM. I have uploaded program in WindLDR succesfully, but can't set PLC to RUN state.
Please help with more advice.

I posted this reply in your Private Messages
" I do not know the answer. Please zip and post your program file in the public forum. Perhaps someone can find the problem for you. The only guess I can make is that the program might use a programmed input to switch from run to stop or stop to run."

Edit: Did you upload the program from the plc to the computer or did you download a backup program from the computer to the plc?

Last edited:
Thanks for Your answer. Program was uploaded from the plc to computer.
I agree with you regarding the inputs. I have reviewed the program and do not see it in the configuration of the processor. It remains, it could be only Input0, which is wired on machine and not used in the program. Thanks.

1. I still think you should zip and post the program you uploaded from the plc.
2. Try disconnecting the wire going to Iput0 then recycle the power to see if the plc will go to run.
3. Using WindLDR go to the configure tab > Function Area Settings > Click on Help button. See Edit below for configuring the Stop input and Automatic Start features.
4. If you make any changes to your offline (computer) program be sure to Download it to the plc for the changes to become active or put into effect.

Edit:
Copied from the Help Menu in the Function Area Settings tab.
Run/Stop tab
The Enable stop input number can be any input terminal. When the designated input terminal is turned on, the PLC operation is stopped. The program operation is restarted if the stop input goes off.
The Enable reset input number can be any input terminal. The enable reset input number can be assigned to reset the PLC processor's operation when that terminal becomes activated. The program operation is restarted if the input goes off while the start input is on. When the reset input is turned ON,
the reset input has priority over the stop input.
Enabling Automatic start will power up the CPU when the power supply is turned on.

Last edited:
Tomorrow I will try inctructions You suggest me on machine. If I don't make it, I will upload the program.
With PLC I have EEPROM memory, so the only possible way to change the program inside the memory card is Program Loader, which I don't have.
Is there any other way to download program inside IDEC PLC EEPROM memory except Program Loader? WindLDR?
After checking program, still belive that the Run input problem.

I may be wrong, it has been a long time ago, but I think you need a program loader to change EEPROM memory.

Hi jrwb4gbm,
I solved the problem. I found a cold solder (line brake) on a digital input I0.
By establishing a proper electrical signal, the RUN signal on PLC appeared.
The machine is working now.
Thank you very much for your advices! Regards until next forum visit.