Ignition Scada - Trending

DwSoFt

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi Guys. I haven't really spent much time on this yet, and I will also be posting in their forum, but i wanted to pick your brains.

Currently the trends have a slider bar for adjusting the range (stock).
My one client would like to have a calendar drop-down for start and end date/times.
I am not sure how to bring this into the easy trend, but I have set up the start and end calendar's to make the selections.

You should be able to add the popup calendar component, 2 of them one for start one for end. Then bind start date, end date properties of the easy chart to the popup calendar components you added. Put the 'chart mode' to manual to hide the slider bar.

I tried what you said before but I must have had it in the wrong place, as I currently have it working.

I have the following scripting to set the starting points when I click the trend button

system.tag.write("[Client]TrendStart", "[System]Gateway/CurrentDateTime")
system.tag.write("[Client]TrendEnd", "Yesterdays Date")

And then I have dropdown calendars for the trend.

The reason it didnt work before is because I was looking towards the bottom of the trends properties, where the start up selection and i have it set to 1 day for this trend, but missed up higher where it has the actual start and end properties to link to the pop-up calendars.

Thanks Paully.
The more i do in ignition the more i love it.

You're welcome, it's nice to actually be excited to work with a SCADA platform than cringe isn't it?

you mean like with FTV SE? Haha

Yes it is, it is very adaptable. There are some limitations, but there are also workarounds usually.
Im kind of excited to see how the non-java based Ignition 8.0 will be when its released.