IMC 110 Home Operation through ladder logic

hannibalevivo

Hi.
I'm working with a modular controller: SLC 5/03 processor and one IMC 110 (1746-HS module).

Can anyone tell me how to perform a Home operation through ladder logic?
Thanks in advance.

IMC-110 - Well theres a blast from the past!
If I remember correctly, the IMC will be mapped to the IO address according to the slot it is in. It may occupy more than 1 word in or out. (I think 2 words)
Using the command bits (SLC output), I think you have to make sure the IMC is manual mode, select a jog to home and then jog. You will have to crack a manual to get the correct bits for jog type, auto/manual and the jog. On the input side, a bit will be set when the home is complete.

The axis will home according to how it is defined in the AMP.

Hope this helped.

I do the following steps to perform the Home operation:
(The IMC 110 module is located in Slot 3)

1) set O:3.1 and O:3.0 words through MOV instruction
O:3.1 = 0000h
(bit O:3.0/6 = '0' to ensure the transition to manual mode).
O:3.2 = 0404h
(bits O:3.1/3-4 = '0' - select Home Operation)
(bit O:3.1/10 - Position/FE Select = '1', to read the current position instead the following error).
2) set Jog- (Output Latch O:3.0/8 - Jog-) until Home switch is reached (I:3.0/5 - At Home)

With the the program is running I can see that O:3.0/8 is equal to '1' but the axis is stopped.

Notes:
The AMP parameters are setup correctly.
With the HHTP Emulator I can make the Home operation successfully.

Bibliography:
IMC 110 Programming Reference Manual:
http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/pm/1746-pm004_-en-p.pdf

Thanks.

I'm not certain, but I remember the control bits to be transisition sensitive rather than level. The sequence is also important:
1. Stop / Abort the MML
2. Switch to manual mode - I can't remember if this applies to the 110
3. Set the jog type to Home
4. Perform the jog(If the MML is suspended)

The MML program cannot be running when you perform a home operation.

Good Luck

Hello Mike.

First, thanks a lot for your posts.

I have found the problem. I think that the SLC 5/03 is disconnected from the IMC 110 and it ignores the output words (O:3.0, ..., O:3.3) sent by the processor.
Before the Home operation through ladder logic, If I connect the SLC 5/03 to the IMC 110 control module with the Handheld Pendant Emulator, then, the home operations is executed successfully.

Reading the IMC 110 Programming Reference Manual I found a system variable called $DISABLE_PLC, may be this variable is equal to '1' in the IMC 110 module?

Thanks in advance.

You connect / disconnet the IMC from the SLC with the pendant. Yes, if the IMC is disconnected you have control over it with the pendant, so it will not resppond to commands from the SLC.

Hi Mike.

Finally I solved the problem changing the AMP Parameter "Power On State of SLC Link" to "power on connected" (by default, the value is "power on disconnected").

Now I can perform the Home operation without help of the HHTP.

Thanks for your suggestions.