Importing mp4 file to HMI

Hi all,

I am doing a side project where the HMI will play an mp4 file when a certain bit turns on when I toggle it from the PLC(384kb dig I/O). I found a solution where I would go to Active X control on Factorytalk View ME. I would then choose "windows media player". I was able to add in the mp4 file, and it successfully plays when I test it. The problem is that I want it to play the sound when I turn a test bit on, but it just plays automatically.

I can't find much on the internet, and most of my controls co-workers are not familiar with playing sounds on the HMI.

note: i've tried importing tags to the enabled and url and still no luck.

Also, I've attached a pic of the connections menu that pops up. I'm not familiar with this menu(nor co-workers) so I need a bit more info.

enable.PNG

So I get it to play with audio on my PC, but there is no means provided that I can see to have the PLC trigger it to play. It would rely on an operator touching the screen to play it. We can have animation hide it or show it based on a tag in the PLC, but it still has to have someone touch the play button to start it.

OG

Last edited:
So I get it to play with audio on my PC, but there is no means provided that I can see to have the PLC trigger it to play. It would rely on an operator touching the screen to play it. We can have animation hide it or show it based on a tag in the PLC, but it still has to have someone touch the play button to start it.

OG

I think I can live with that. The problem is that I tied the windows media play button to a test bit(BOOL), but it's not responding even though I assigned to it on the enable tag(I am also communicating with the PLC).