In Defense of websites

I do agree in that Jiri does provide some excellent information.

Jiri,

In reviewing our current web ranking in google under the term programmable logic controller, we are currently on the third page, 5th position (25th overall). Not bad, could be much better, as per your analysis.

I recently modified our controllers page to see what will happen.

In using the Iwebtool, I generated the following results for some familiar industry web sites, in an attempt to acquire information that could be analyzed -

www.entertron.com Current PR= 4 Predicted PR = 3.8 Accuracy = 82.7% Back Link = 446

www.tri-plc.com Current PR= 4 Predicted PR = 3.7 Accuracy = 77.2% Back Link = 112

www.zworld.com Current PR= 6 Predicted PR = 5.5 Accuracy = 81.0% Back Link = 12749

www.automationdirect.com Current PR= 6 Predicted PR = 5.4 Accuracy = 80.6% Back Link = 5852

www.ab.com Current PR= 7 Predicted PR = 5.1 Accuracy = 72.4% Back Link = 10035

www.kep.com Current PR= 4 Predicted PR = 4.1 Accuracy = 82.5% Back Link = 1223

www.maple-systems.com Current PR= 4 Predicted PR = 4.1 Accuracy = 84.9% Back Link = 2179

www.google.com Current PR= 10 Predicted PR = 9.5 Accuracy = 65.9% Back Link = 34,587,985

www.yahoo.com Current PR= 9 Predicted PR = 8.4 Accuracy = 65.6% Back Link = 6,064,955

www.plcs.net Current PR= 6 Predicted PR = 4.3 Accuracy = 78.4% Back Link = 1883

Note - I apologize for the presentation. I attempted several different versions of a table, only to no success.

What is the relation to current and predicted PR as it relates to how Google views a web site?

What is the significance of Accuracy?

Stephen,
I don't know how accurate the predicted PR number is, I know that it varies sometimes from week to week without any apparent reason?
All I know for fact is that the more back links you have the higher your PR. There is an original document on the subject written by Sergey Brin and Lawrence Paige, the founders of Google. You can find it by searching for it. However it was written circa 1996 and
Google has since changed its formulas.
I think that if you get several hundred more backlinks you could be at PR 5. I know that PR 6 is also achievable for a web site of your size, but PR 7 will be very very difficult. I am by no means an expert in this I only started looking in to this in April.