Inductive detection loop replacement option

Martindag

Heya guys,

We are looking for a solution that would do pretty much the same job as a inductive detection loop but that wouldnt need to be inserted inside the floor.

Is there anything out there that could detect the mass of a forklift to mute a safety light curtains ?

Thanks!

Heya guys,

We are looking for a solution that would do pretty much the same job as a inductive detection loop but that wouldnt need to be inserted inside the floor.

Is there anything out there that could detect the mass of a forklift to mute a safety light curtains ?

Thanks!

I have not used loops for many, many years and replace almost everyone I come across with BEA-Falcon motion sensors. The "almost" is because there are few situations that reliable presence sensing is a must; Falcon introduced a version of the sensors for presence detection that I have not tried and it is likely to be as good as their motion sensors.

Things to consider, photo eyes/curtains(preferable) are a must and should cover the opening well.
Forklift drivers routinely try to beat a closing door, if it's a high speed door then in most cases it will reopen fast enough that they do not hit it, otherwise they will hit the door as they must have done many times expect from then on it will blamed on the "new sensors".

There's another manufacture that makes a competitive product that is I can not thing of at this time. Birch..or something like that.

Edit: There's a couple of overhead door equipment suppliers in Montreal and area, I you need the names I can look them up for you.

I just had a look at EMX site and to my surprise they also have similar products and considering they were the top choice for loop detectors (after Sarasota) their products must be very good. Oh, and no matter which you buy, get the remote programmer.

Link 1
Link 2

We want to use it to mute temporally a safety light curtains for X sec when detecting a forklift in front of it.

We wanted to do it with sensors but that place is a bit weird so we needed something else.

I'm going to check the link you sent me, thanks !

Yep! thats exactly what i was looking for, that Raven EMX is perfect for what i need. ty so much!

Last edited:
We want to use it to mute temporally a safety light curtains for X sec when detecting a forklift in front of it.

We wanted to do it with sensors but that place is a bit weird so we needed something else.

I'm going to check the link you sent me, thanks !

Yep! thats exactly what i was looking for, that Raven EMX is perfect for what i need. ty so much!

Hmmm, now I'm thinking this maybe is a stacker application.