Indusoft Web Studio 6.1

Looks like there was an SMTP server on the local PC that was acting as a relay.

Argosoft was my favorite. You're going to have to examine the actual runtime PC to find the application.

I hadn't thought they would have done that, but I DID find in the programs on the runtime PC "hMailServer".

I started to poke around in the settings, but of course, it wants a password.

There was also a "start service" link which I clicked...I didn't see anything happen. I opened task manager and sure enough, there is a service called hMailServer which is running. I wonder if I started it or if it was already running?

I hadn't thought they would have done that, but I DID find in the programs on the runtime PC "hMailServer".

I started to poke around in the settings, but of course, it wants a password.

There was also a "start service" link which I clicked...I didn't see anything happen. I opened task manager and sure enough, there is a service called hMailServer which is running. I wonder if I started it or if it was already running?

I have used hMailServer several times to replace the smtp program that Microsoft took out of Windows 7. It isn't as intuitive as the built-in program was, but it works.

It should run as an Automatic Service.

Okay, so I found a shedload of log files for the hMailServer and started poring over them.

The operator reports that his notifications quit working last fall when some other changes were unsuccessfully made to the system.

So I started looking for differences in these log files between recent days and times when I believe it was working and I noticed there is an entry that says "xxxxxx.org has no MX or A record". I think the domain name has expired?

Is the xxxxx.org address what appears in the CnfEMail command after 127.0.0.1, as the source domain ? Or are they in the destination addresses ?

This code looks like it's using the AT&T and Verizon email-to-text services.

Test by sending a simple plain-text e-mail to each of those AT&T and Verizon addresses from some other server like Yahoo or GMail or a different corporate account.

It's possible that AT&T or Verizon black-listed the .org domain at some point, or that there's something wrong with their DNS entries.

Is the xxxxx.org address what appears in the CnfEMail command after 127.0.0.1, as the source domain ? Or are they in the destination addresses ?

This code looks like it's using the AT&T and Verizon email-to-text services.

Test by sending a simple plain-text e-mail to each of those AT&T and Verizon addresses from some other server like Yahoo or GMail or a different corporate account.

It's possible that AT&T or Verizon black-listed the .org domain at some point, or that there's something wrong with their DNS entries.

I have used "made up" domains to send to Verizon text services for years with no problems, but I guess if enough emails that look spam show up, it might black list the domain.

They used "bwwtp.org" in the CnfEmail command after the loopback IP address.

At least one of the phone numbers is valid...it belongs to the guy who made the complaint that he stopped getting messages some months ago. I did not validate all the others but I did send him a text message using outlook, with the address copied and pasted from the startup script.

And if I had not enough hassle already trying to figure this out, I seem to have broken my Indusoft installation. I think I will uninstall it and load the older matching version so maybe I can actually make some edits using the time limited trial.

Yesterday afternoon, I put in a message to sales at indusoft to find out what it will cost to get a development license. There are so many things wrong here, I can't possibly hope to fix them all in under forty hours of run time. I am not even sure if that time limited trial exists for the older (6.1) version?

I appreciate the input you all have given me so far, thank you very much!

I just wanna program a Micrologix now so I can have some success ...

Last edited: