Infrared viewer (photoeye alignment)

rootboy

Lifetime Supporting Member
I'm looking for a infrared viewer to see the infrared "footprint" of a photoeye's beam. I used one of these about 20 years ago, but I've forgotten who made it.

For those that haven't used one, it's the bomb for aligning photoeyes and reflectors. Just have someone stand behind the reflector with a sheet of cardboard and simply look through the viewer.

The infrared beam will show up as a circle on the cardboard. Then you simply align your photoeye so that the beam covers the reflector.

Swap places with your helper, and then adjust the reflector so that the return beam hits the photoeye.

Does anyone here use one?, and can anyone recommend one?

And finally, can I do the same thing with a nightvision scope?

Thanks.

Yup, I believe you are correct. I could probably do it with my Panasonic camcorder.

Thanks. :)

If your cellphone has a camera it can "see" IR too. I use mine to look at all kinds if IR stuff (remotes, etc.) to confirm operation. Sensitivity could be a problem depending on the amount of ******t light.

Von

The deleted text is supposed to "******t". Why deleted?

Why is it deleting a m b i e n t ?

because a m b i e n is a drug on the "bad word list" for this particular forum software. That particular word, along with v i a g r a and c i a l i s tend to show up in a lot of spam postings.